• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some questions about Falklands
10-31-2011, 01:38 AM,
Some questions about Falklands
Hi everyone. I'm new to the Squad Battles series (and French speaking from Quebec), so excuse my strange and newbie's questions.
I played some Falklands scenarios and I need some help for a better understanding of the followings :

Opportunity/reaction fire. I didn't find any details about OF in the user manual. However I'm surprised that an enemy unit who received mortar shells and heavy direct fire at the beginning of the turn is still able to return fire (2 or 3 times) at the end of that turn. I would have expected that the suppressing effect of my multiple fire would disable the reaction capacity of this enemy.
Command range. Whenever I try to show the command radius of a leader, I obtain a 1-hex range. How can we verify if a team leader is in range with his section leader, and the latter with his platoon leader, etc.?
Fire effects. Since any fire is directed on the whole enemy hex, not on any particular enemy unit located in that hex, does it mean that the fire have a full effect on every one of those enemy units?
Unit status. I'm not sure to fully understand the difference between a "disrupted" unit and a "pinned" unit. "Pinned" seams to have a moral content, but not "disrupted" ? I don't see either the exact effects of those two status on the unit's capacities.
Illumination delays. Am I wrong, but I felt that the illumination fire of the enemy made at the END of the turn doesn't last over the first half of the next turn, but my illumination fire made at the BEGIN of the turn lasts over all the turn (including the enemy playing phase at the end of that turn).
Objectives values. I'm sometimes disoriented by the objectives and their points value. For example, I don't understand the meaning of the 3 sea exit objectives at the very south of the Fanning Head Mob map (scenario 10) since British units can hardly get there before the end of the scenario.
AI performance. Does a slow AI make better decisions?
Disembarking/re-embarking. I read somewhere that a unit can disembark from a vehicle but not re-embark in that vehicle. Why?

Thanks for your helpful clarifications.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Some questions about Falklands - by moet - 10-31-2011, 01:38 AM
RE: Some questions about Falklands - by Wolfgang - 10-31-2011, 06:40 AM
RE: Some questions about Falklands - by moet - 11-04-2011, 11:06 AM
RE: Some questions about Falklands - by moet - 11-05-2011, 01:53 AM
RE: Some questions about Falklands - by Wolfgang - 11-01-2011, 08:23 AM
RE: Some questions about Falklands - by Wolfgang - 11-05-2011, 02:35 AM
RE: Some questions about Falklands - by Wolfgang - 11-05-2011, 08:10 AM