• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some questions about Falklands
10-31-2011, 06:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-31-2011, 06:42 AM by Wolfgang.)
RE: Some questions about Falklands
(10-31-2011, 01:38 AM)moet Wrote: Welcome!
I'm fairly new myself having played about 10 months now.. but I think I can help with some of your questions...

Based mostly on my observances of the game in action (So I could be wrong on some or all of these):

Opportunity/reaction fire.
I believe the amount of outgoing reaction fire and it's effectiveness is influenced by things like morale/cohesion status, weapon effectiveness and possibly leadership effects.

Command range.
I've only seen a command range of greater than 1 hex when the leader is above the lieutenant / sgt level. Battalion and company leaders may have a greater range. Units in command and control seem to weather ill effects better than units not in CC. I also rarely engage in CQB without a leader present for the assault.

Fire effects.
I don't believe the effects are distributed evenly among all units in a hex. Some units, for a variety or reasons, are more vulnerable to the effects than others in the same hex.

Unit status.
I interpret pinned as a unit being restricted by incoming fire and thus not able to bring to bear the full weight of their firepower or make full use of the terrain in which they are located.

I interpret Disrupted to be a lack of cohesion such that a unit is not able to make full use of their firepower until they regain some cohesion. They also have a more limited range of movement.

I believe each status is partially a reflection of morale. A disrupted unit is probably closer to losing a bit of morale as well as being more vulnerable to things that would cause a drop in that morale. A pinned unit is closer to getting demoralized and even more vulnerable to ill effects that would cause a drop. Units can recover from both states with or without a leader, although a leader is best to effect recovery, otherwise you'd probably have to maneuver the unit out of the LOS of the enemy and let it rest (and even then there is some chance they won't recover.)

Illumination delays.
I've only seen ilum work for the turn that it's fired on and the opponents next turn. Then it goes out.

AI performance.
I don't believe that AI speed influences AI quality or decision processes. Just the visual replay of it.

Thanks for your helpful clarifications.

I hope this helps! I'm sure some more experienced players will chime in with more info and possibly correct any mistaken notions on my part.

Good luck!
cheers
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Some questions about Falklands - by moet - 10-31-2011, 01:38 AM
RE: Some questions about Falklands - by Wolfgang - 10-31-2011, 06:40 AM
RE: Some questions about Falklands - by moet - 11-04-2011, 11:06 AM
RE: Some questions about Falklands - by moet - 11-05-2011, 01:53 AM
RE: Some questions about Falklands - by Wolfgang - 11-01-2011, 08:23 AM
RE: Some questions about Falklands - by Wolfgang - 11-05-2011, 02:35 AM
RE: Some questions about Falklands - by Wolfgang - 11-05-2011, 08:10 AM