• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some questions about Falklands
11-05-2011, 03:34 AM,
RE: Some questions about Falklands
Quote:Generally you will see a unit move through the various states of morale and cohesion as their effectiveness is degraded by enemy fire: Disrupted, then pinned, then demoralized. How fast that happens depends partly on their starting Morale.
In exceptional cases you might see a unit go from Disrupted or good order directly to demoralized. A flamethrower is good at doing that.

I've seen more units go from fine to pinned than anything really, especially if you walk into an ambush and are hit really hard from close range. Disruption happens fairly easily, and it also is affected by the morale of the unit. Higher moraled units (A, B) will take a lot more to disrupt than a C or D level unit, which can disrupt by simply being shot at once.

The under appreciated fact is that if your units are within the command radius of their leader, they are oftentimes harder to disrupt/pin as well. They will also revert back to normal quicker from disruption if under the command radius, I do believe.

IW is right about units being able to 'self-heal', but they have to be stationary and not under fire for several turns for that to happen. It is much quicker to have a leader attempt to rally a unit. I try to keep my platoons in this type of a formation, espeically if moving to contact. Allows maximum flexibility for the unit as well as the leader.

[Image: 2453ed77cfplatoon.JPG]
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Some questions about Falklands - by moet - 10-31-2011, 01:38 AM
RE: Some questions about Falklands - by Wolfgang - 10-31-2011, 06:40 AM
RE: Some questions about Falklands - by moet - 11-04-2011, 11:06 AM
RE: Some questions about Falklands - by moet - 11-05-2011, 01:53 AM
RE: Some questions about Falklands - by Wolfgang - 11-01-2011, 08:23 AM
RE: Some questions about Falklands - by Wolfgang - 11-05-2011, 02:35 AM
RE: Some questions about Falklands - by TheBigRedOne - 11-05-2011, 03:34 AM
RE: Some questions about Falklands - by Wolfgang - 11-05-2011, 08:10 AM