• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

486 error when trying to run Korean War
01-01-2012, 02:43 PM,
RE: 486 error when trying to run Korean War
(01-01-2012, 01:13 PM)junk2drive Wrote: I believe the rs.exe gets you the editor and the rising sun.exe gets you the game.

Try this...most unusual when KKR comes up with a possible answer. May not happen again in our lifetime.
I have been having problems for a while with JTCS. I dumped it and reinstalled it, this time in Program Files rather than the Desktop. I had earlier installed Korea..claiming BTW the #1 download...and the editors worked fine, but couldn't do a game. That was using the supplied Korean War startup icon. I just now moved the files from the desktop to the JTCS/Matrix Games folder in Program Files. In the process, I lost the Korean War desktop startup icon. In the aether somewhere, I guess. So before I got the sleeping pill bottle and the whisky out I made a shortcut from the rising sun (sic) icon in the directory, put it on the desktop clicked it...editors worked. Held breath, tried to open a scenario to play...seemed to work fine. Set up a PBEM game (Chromite)... Beautiful map btw... everything went as it should.
Anyone seeking my further advice re computers, do so quickly before my accountant sets up the consultancy fee.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 486 error when trying to run Korean War - by K K Rossokolski - 01-01-2012, 02:43 PM