• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for some information ...
03-03-2012, 07:45 AM,
Looking for some information ...
I have been looking for some WW2 ammunition specs for quite sometime now and have been completely unable to find it, so I figured that if it is available, surely someone here on the CS forum could help me out.

As we all know, there were a number of different types of ammunition available to tank commanders. They had standard AP & HE, but also had APDS, APBC, and some HEAT, & so on and so forth. Just how effective certain guns were against a particular type, and and what range was largely affected by which ammo was available and/or being used.

What I have been unable to find out is if there was a standard compliment of the varying types of ammo. For example: the German Panther had an ammunition stowage of 79 rounds. OK, how many of each type were "normally" carried? The T-34/76 had an ammunition stowage of 77 rounds. Again, how many of each type were "normal".

I know there was a real shortage of tungsten in Germany during the war, so it appears that APDS might be something that was not as prevelant in the German army as one might hope, but I just don't know.

This information becomes important to me at least because I read on one occasion such & such tank failed to penetrate and knock out an enemy tank, while on another occasion the enemy tank was defeated at a significant range.

If anyone can help me out on this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Looking for some information ... - by RADO - 03-03-2012, 07:45 AM
RE: Looking for some information ... - by Scud - 03-03-2012, 08:00 AM
RE: Looking for some information ... - by RADO - 03-03-2012, 08:37 AM
RE: Looking for some information ... - by RADO - 03-04-2012, 12:00 AM
RE: Looking for some information ... - by RADO - 03-04-2012, 10:44 PM