• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for some information ...
03-03-2012, 08:00 AM,
RE: Looking for some information ...
Found this for Tigers (http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/tiger1-03.htm):

The Tiger I carried 92 rounds of ammunition, although it is known that experienced crews frequently broke the regulations, by storing more than that. The recommended and most usual mix was 50 percent APCBC (Pzgr.39) and 50 percent HE (Sprenggranaten - high explosive shells). A few rounds of the rare (due to the shortage of tungsten carbide) APCR (Pzgr.40) ammunition might be carried for use against the heaviest armored Russian tanks and tank destroyers. The Gr.39 HL (Hohlgranate) based on the hollow charge principle (HEAT), was less accurate and much less destructive than the APCBC rounds, but could be carried in place of the HE rounds and used either to combat armor or as effective high explosive ammunition against soft targets.

I did a google search for "Tiger Tank Ammunition Carried". I have a feeling a "standard" will vary from tank to tank and time/place of deployment, but I'm certainly no expert. Happy to do a little research for you if you tell me specifics.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Looking for some information ... - by RADO - 03-03-2012, 07:45 AM
RE: Looking for some information ... - by Scud - 03-03-2012, 08:00 AM
RE: Looking for some information ... - by RADO - 03-03-2012, 08:37 AM
RE: Looking for some information ... - by RADO - 03-04-2012, 12:00 AM
RE: Looking for some information ... - by RADO - 03-04-2012, 10:44 PM