• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

King Tiger Range vs. Hard Targets
07-06-2012, 10:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2012, 11:02 PM by Dan Caviness.)
RE: King Tiger Range vs. Hard Targets
Dammit Petri!!!!....how did I miss magnetic field variations???
BRILLIANT!!!Whip

What got me started on that ever increasing not to mention confusing and fertilyzer laden diatribe concerning ballistics was a memorable forum rant by our brothers who play War in the Pacific (WITP).

Now realize...we may have it bad for wargaming...and there is no cure...but it does get worse...

With a strategic game like WITP you are looking at a year, maybe two or more, to finish a complete game.
This means these guys care...maybe a bit too much...and they were arguing over why Japanese battleships should derive a defensive advantage due to the fact that their steel plates were riveted 10 rivets to the meter while the American battleships were only riveted 12 to the meter....
WHAT???...Crazy...but, in all fairness, a riveting conversation...

Not just arguing, passionately arguing, with threats of quitting the game and hidden agendas and possible death threats for all I know.
OK, no death threats, I think bloodshed was avoided...barely...
I almost chimed in but somehow my smart ass input would NOT have improved the situation...:whis:...so I enjoyed it from the sidelines.

(Hopefully none of those guys are CS members or I just made some new friends with my big mouth...Big Grin2...all in fun of course and no bad intent other than holding up the mirror...)

Regards,

Dan

ps: I'm thinking we have some real Army guys in this club who may actually be able to explain why ballistics may change between tanks, tank destroyers, AT guns, etc.?

pps: Because we care.Whip

ppps: Earl...when you live in Maine you need to be aware of the easternmost point in the US or you get wet... It does beg the question of where and what happened to EAST Quoddy Head?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: King Tiger Range vs. Hard Targets - by Dan Caviness - 07-06-2012, 10:50 PM