• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opinions please on this game result
07-29-2012, 02:17 AM,
RE: Opinions please on this game result
My opinion, is the result sounds correct. If the flags are neutral, the points will come down to the material lost. It looks like you lost more than double the enemy, so that is how the victory is rated.

And in general, I would say that every club game played should be reported as announced at the game end. We have the chess type scoring, so there really is no reason why any player, veteran or new, should not report a game.

You may want to reverse sides and play again. One thing that can be improved in the club is to have a single result for 2 games where the opponents have swapped sides - then there is no reason not to play unbalanced scenarios. Currently you need to report 2 games for mirrors, so you cant have a winning streak when playing unbalanced scenarios (but the scoring is still valid).

(07-28-2012, 06:05 AM)Weasel Wrote: I just finished a really boring CMAK meeting engagement (my setup and map too!!) and the outcome was not what I expected. The fighting was not heavy and losses were minor with the flag neutral at game end. At game end I had an entire company around the flag, had lost 100 more men (about 175 - 75) and 3 more tanks (5-2) (stugs) then my opponent. My opponent had a tank and a couple of squads within range of the flag at game end to negate the point value. The result was a major loss for my side, I was expecting a draw. I spoke with my opponent and he said a draw is fine but I also don't want to cheat my opponent out of a win either.

Do you think we should report the game as a draw or MV? It just seems weird to me that 100 men and 3 tanks would take the game from a draw to a major loss for me.

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Opinions please on this game result - by Weasel - 07-28-2012, 06:05 AM
RE: Opinions please on this game result - by ekrommen - 07-29-2012, 02:17 AM