• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

An idea for a new class of units - medical unit types
02-01-2013, 09:52 PM,
RE: An idea for a new class of units - medical unit types
(02-01-2013, 11:49 AM)John Given Wrote: Hey all, I was thinking to myself about the need for a new type of unit that I have always thought was missing from the JTCS game: the lowly medic.

Second - game function.

Since we have to stay realistic and work within the game engine, I envision a unit that

a. adds to a unit's morale and therefore also helps remove disrupted status that it is stacked with,

b. but NO increase to the other units attack strength (command rating).

In other words, medical units function like a sort of 'lesser officer' in terms of their capabilities.

Hi John: Smoke7

My 2Cents

Interesting idea... but I would not like to see it implemented in JTCS.

The current unit morale / disruption recovery function is performed by commanders. Sgt

I don't see the need to introduce a new unit that would function as a 'lesser officer?' Idea2 Help3

That's the proposal boiled down in a nut shell...

(02-01-2013, 04:50 PM)PawelM Wrote: In general, I prefer to think this medic increasing morale effect is already captured by command control ( i.e. Effect of the first platoon on morale ) and a combination of things like HQ and leader units. And splitting it into small detail will not have much benefit.

IMO, PawelM's has a good generalization of how a "medic function" is already baked into the game mechanics. Smile

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email

Messages In This Thread
RE: An idea for a new class of units - medical unit types - by Kool Kat - 02-01-2013, 09:52 PM