• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

An idea for a new class of units - medical unit types
02-03-2013, 01:05 AM,
RE: An idea for a new class of units - medical unit types
Interesting topic!

Lot of pros and cons and passion.

IMO the system really doesn't need more units and here I agree with Ed. There are more out there than I have ever used or probably will use. Some of the ones like the on board planes and ships don't work well.

If anything and what I would like to see is the old old request of improving the A/I. Its a dog and really needs some work we all know that. If anything we should focus resources on that.

Also my old old hype of combining units. The lone 1 factor Sherman platoon in a hex with a four factor Sherman platoon. The game engine should allow for combination to make a 5 factor single Sherman platoon. I'm saying combining not splitting. Splitting although interesting adds other issues that may make the engine unmanagable. The system is built on the platoon and that should be the minimum sized unit.

Finally the random battle generator needs some, no a lot of work. If you pick a bridgehead the generator should setup a random bridgehead not a face off in fields and hills. If you pick pocket breakout the random battle should setup with forces in a pocket.

Sorry don't want my post to turn into the ultimate wishlist. But these are some of my thoughts. I'd much rather see and improved game engine rather that more unit types.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Ivan the BigCigar5

Messages In This Thread
RE: An idea for a new class of units - medical unit types - by Big Ivan - 02-03-2013, 01:05 AM