• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

An idea for a new class of units - medical unit types
02-03-2013, 05:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2013, 06:20 PM by Crossroads.)
RE: An idea for a new class of units - medical unit types
Interesting points raised by everyone. Somewhat to my surprise, I am a bit concerned of having Medic units introduced, not that I don't see how they improve or effect the game, but rather how I would feel having such units in a scenario from a moral point of view.

During Winter War, and later too, Soviet bombers and fighter planes felt big red crosses on white were a terrific idea... So much easier to set your gun and bomb sights at something you can see clearly... So much so, that big visible markings were mostly removed and hospitals and ambulances were duly camoflaged instead.

Then again, it is just a game. Now there's a neat use for your on-map bombers, chasing down those ambulances who think they're so much better than everyone else around!

In Rome:TW, you get three choices when your brave legions have won a settlement: just occupy the region, or, enslave the population in addition, or as a third option, put the population to the sword, the lot of them, and be done with the area.

O Tempora, O Mores, and all that Whip

Yes, so having written the above, why not. It would be a new unit. To see how they work you could also ask for adding them to one of the mods? Jason's been really good supporting with encrypting files, and once available it would be possible to test them and to see them in action.

One more reason to download CWE, to see how they work there, too.
Visit us at CSLegion.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: An idea for a new class of units - medical unit types - by Crossroads - 02-03-2013, 05:33 PM