• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

An idea for a new class of units - medical unit types
02-04-2013, 07:52 PM,
RE: An idea for a new class of units - medical unit types
(02-04-2013, 01:52 PM)John Given Wrote: My primary reason for bringing this type of unit to JTCS was because of my concern for all of YOU, as well as for our game. It would have been easy for me to clandestinely send this unit type 'theory' directly to Jason and try to sell it as the "next big thing." (edit: that does NOT mean Jason would have signed off on it) I am in fact concerned what the club members think, even if I may not always agree with them.

Sending ideas to Jason to have them dumped into the game is how we got things like bomber bases, extreme assault, variable visibility, heavy bridge construction engineers (that can theoretically build a bridge that armor can cross in six minutes), subs that cannot "sub"merge, on board aircraft that occupy a hex space and can change victory hexes, etc..
None of these "added" to the game. Some have gone as far as fracturing the CS community.

As far as medics affecting only the hex they are in? Isn't that already factored into the morale of individual units?

If you want the unit included in the game as "chrome" I'm all for it. Scenario designers can use them at their wish.
If they are included and have an effect on the game I will just write a few new sentences to my ROE. Farmer

cheers

HSL

Messages In This Thread
RE: An idea for a new class of units - medical unit types - by Herr Straße Laufer - 02-04-2013, 07:52 PM