• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

An idea for a new class of units - medical unit types
02-06-2013, 08:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2013, 08:31 PM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
RE: An idea for a new class of units - medical unit types
(02-06-2013, 03:56 PM)John Given Wrote: Glad to see the comments are still coming. Ok, I'll answer a few more for the road...

I'm sorry you feel the burden of defending your positions.
My comments about suggestions for new units was not directed specifically toward you.
Your ambulance/medic was just another idea in the bucket of other ideas (from other players) that have been put into the game.
I've seen it in the past. "Hey, I got a coooool idear here to help make the game more realistic/better/easier/harder/bigger/smaller/whatever that got dumped into the game without regard to scale or impact.
Yes, I know it may be a far few scenarios that have them. The "effect" will be minimal overall. But, it does not dispense the notion that they are not going to be good for the game. If you have them made and can put them into your scenarios for you to play with, that is fine by me. To force them upon every one else because they "exist" is not.
That scenarios did not have enough leader units is a designer issue. The lack of them could be either laziness or an effort to balance the game.

I applaud you for all the good that you do for the game. Especially with existing units and missing units. I just do not want or need medics to be added to the game.
One poster already changed the parameters of you medic's effect upon the game. He wants strength points added to units that have them. I guess if they throw on a bandage and give a shot of morphine they can get guys back to fighting ... in six minutes?

You have not seen that many negatives?
The medical unit itself is a negative. Pandora's box comes to mind.

cheers

HSL

(02-06-2013, 07:25 PM)K K Rossokolski Wrote: "1. that medics should only be able morale-boost / heal infantry type units only? Just throwing that out there."

I for one am not aware of any civilised military force that instructs the medical branch to heal only one branch of the service. But I do agree that the "throw it out" is appropriate......... for the whole idea.

That would bring about an interesting dilemma?
A medical unit gets "captured" and increases the strength and morale of the enemy units?
Pandora is watching!

cheers

HSL

Messages In This Thread
RE: An idea for a new class of units - medical unit types - by Herr Straße Laufer - 02-06-2013, 08:29 PM