• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

An idea for a new class of units - medical unit types
02-06-2013, 09:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2013, 09:56 PM by PawelM.)
RE: An idea for a new class of units - medical unit types
In my view there is no need for more morale boosting units in CS. No matter medics, chaplains etc. I think that leaders, command control and the starting level of morale of the unit selected by the scenario designer capture this aspect of the battle well enough for CS scale. Personally more purely morale boosting units would just increase the clutter on the battlefields as the trucks can do.
As for voices about too small number of leaders prompting the need for morale boost units: leaders in my view represent extremely skilled commanders who could make the difference in the battle. Not every commander had this skill hence not many of them in the scenarios. Other commanders are not worthe including and are better off omitted ( what is the point of leader with 0 command which does not make any difference) and merged into the first platoon as command control does.

Also I prefer that unit morale is set accordinly for the scenario ( high or low) based on the overall presence of the morale boosting units. This would be enough to capture the effect rather than adding 'not much doing ' units and extending the morale asapect more than it already is. So in my view it is more of a question: do we want to enhance morale effects and boosting decreasing capabilities?

Then the queation is how a bout capturing cowardly and poor leaders w ith negative morale impact? I am sure nobody would stack them with their units if they had negative command coefficient :)

As for healing- weird idea given the game scale. What happens the with the poits? If I kill 1sp of an units and get points for it, then what happens to my points after they have been healed? Do I keep the points or the healing process reverts it? If I keep the points and the kill the same unit again after healing I can get doubole triple point for repeatedly killing the units?

if the people can be healed, then how about disbled tanks? Surely the tracks can be fixed healed and the tank can come back to action. You can apply this to any vehicle..

I think this healing bussiness is even more dangerous than morale boosting

Messages In This Thread
RE: An idea for a new class of units - medical unit types - by PawelM - 02-06-2013, 09:47 PM