• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

East Front: Forgotten Battles - Now with Medical units
03-19-2013, 04:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013, 04:44 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: East Front: Forgotten Battles - Now with Medical units
Sorry Ed I don't agree with you about the scale. They fit the scale as well as most anything the JTCS've got?

Size wise it's about medical platoons, medic squads, aid stations etc. Six minutes per turn: add the time for the disrupted platoon to move to hex with say Medics, who'd then take the wounded to stretchers for evac. A minimum time of 12 minutes for platoon dashing out 250 m with their casualties, and handing them over for evac. Another six minutes at earliest, and they are back in line. Makes sense to me.

I can perfectly appreciate not everyone likes having medics. Heck, I don't like AF. Another feature that can fit or can't fit the scale. As with almost anything, this scale allows for an interpretation for or against.

I am sure if someone'd come with an idea now that the game should have individual leaders, that boost morale, improve battle results, or enhance the HQ supply radius there'd be a discussion about scale. Still, they've been here since the beginning so I guess not many think about them.

Medics are just leaders, medics squads can be replaced with coy leaders for same effect. Same scale.

But I don't want to sidetrail this. Medical units are now available in two mods, and even with one scenario each. Those willing to experiment how they affect the playing experience can do so. Those who don't want to, well it is easier to avoid them than to actually see them in action.

And that is just fine.
Visit us at CSLegion.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: East Front: Forgotten Battles - Now with Medical units - by Crossroads - 03-19-2013, 04:43 AM