• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Arctic Front: Delaying Action At Ylimaa
05-07-2013, 05:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-15-2013, 01:55 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: New scenario: ** Delaying Action At Ylimaa LWM
Feedback time, I believe Helmet Smile

** Delaying Action at Ylimaa

Scenario
So, how was Lapland? Enjoyed the snow?

Map
Marshes, forests, rivers, a scarce road network. Historically this would have required muddy conditions, but since the first snow had just landed I thougth this would be more fun.

Comments?

OOB
Germans had second rate armour in Lapland, which is displayed here.

[Image: 160050_r500.jpg]
Picture: A German tank destroyed in Lapland. Hotchkiss 35? Source: www.SA-kuva.fi

Typical German OOB otherwise, no surprises I guess.

For Finns, I rather enjoyed the late war infantry units on skis together with the few T-34s that move really fast too.

At this time, Finnish Army was starting their downscaling, as defined by the armistice conditions. Later parts of Lapland War were mainly fought by young, 19-20 year old conscripts, with some experienced NCOs and Officers around. Children's Crusade, as the Lapland War is also called.

[Image: 160036_r500.jpg]
Picture: Finnish soldiers looking for mines. They look so young! Source: www.SA-kuva.fi

Any thoughts?

Objectives
Tried to use the supply depots a bit differently on this one. Finns lost all the test games though, I believe. Keeping their losses down is important, but not possible here then?

What changes would you like to see.

Length
Comments?

Balance
So, something needs to change. What?

Fun

What was fun? What was not?

Scenario description

Comments?

H2H Score

On scale of 0-10, how would you rate the scenario, using H2H criteria:

- Balance
- Enjoyment
- Briefings

A scenario is scored in three categories, Balance, Enjoyment and Briefings. The score a scenario achieves is an average of these three scores using this formula

(balance*1.6)+(enjoyment*1.2)+(briefings*0.2)/3

From the above formula the 'Balance' score is by far the most important and you should take into account your own performance when making your judgement of this.

'Enjoyment' is self explanatory and 'Briefings' is the least important score. If the Briefing was full and informative you should always score it highly (8 or greater).

Other comments

Feel free to add any observations for the good, bad and outright ugly of this scenario!

[Image: 160030_r500.jpg]
Picture: PaK/40 deploying against its former masters. Source: www.SA-kuva.fi

Thanks again guys. You rock! Salute
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New scenario: ** Delaying Action At Ylimaa LWM - by Crossroads - 05-07-2013, 05:25 AM