• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PB Kursk '43 South impressions/discussion
03-01-2014, 05:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2014, 05:44 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: PB Kursk '43 South impressions/discussion
Gertsovka's an odd battle in terms of VP's. Even against the AI, the only way I can actually get a victory is by destroying the mortar unit and getting ~10 Guns loss points. You need 35 to win a minor victory, but there are only 30 points on the map and with the Soviets dug-in, you're not likely to get many extra points from losses in men.

In my most recent try, I lost 134 men to the Soviet 205. The Soviets also tend to get isolated if you outflank them because of all the minefields.

As soon as they know where you're concentrating, the Soviets can create good stacks in the bunkers.

The same goes for the Hill 228_6 scenario: after 5 am, the Soviets can move infantry into the objective bunkers and capturing them becomes much more difficult if not impossible in the given time as you have only two reinforced companies to work with.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PB Kursk '43 South impressions/discussion - by ComradeP - 03-01-2014, 05:06 AM