• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PB Kursk '43 South impressions/discussion
03-01-2014, 04:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2014, 04:44 PM by ComradeP.)
RE: PB Kursk '43 South impressions/discussion
I'm talking about winning the smaller scenarios against a human player. I can win against the AI, but the AI isn't as good at force concentration as a human player.

The right tactics or not, in the end whether a defender leaves his bunker solely depends on disruption (or being killed). You can use the same tactics to close with a bunker in the most efficient way, but in one case it might take 3 turns to remove the defender and in another case they might fold immediately.

If the SMG guys in Hill 228_6 fight to the last man, buying the Soviets time to move the Rifle platoons in, winning is going to be much more difficult than in a situation where the defenders disrupt on the turn you attack them.

The outcome of a small scenario without bunkers is indeed decided by figuring out the right approach, and those can be enjoyable provided the defender can't sacrifice units to win.

The outcome of a small scenario with bunkers is much more about die rolls and when the defenders in the bunkers disrupt. If they fight to the death, you're less likely to win. If they disrupt quickly, you're more likely to win. In Gertsovka and Hill 228_6 you either have no weapons with a good hard attack value, or those can't really be used efficiently like the AT guns in Gertsovka because of the railroad embankment.

I can move my men in to attack a bunker from the best position and side, but beyond that I can't directly influence the actual outcome of the assault aside from adding more men or assaulting numerous times.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PB Kursk '43 South impressions/discussion - by ComradeP - 03-01-2014, 04:42 PM