• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Klyuchi – Attrition (a tutorial)
03-03-2014, 10:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2014, 01:04 PM by Dog Soldier.)
RE: Klyuchi – Attrition (a tutorial)
[Image: 7d49b32f24Klyuchi%20T7.jpg]
10:00 11 July 1943, Soft Conditions, Day, Visibility 1.5 Kilometers

Visibility improves again. One last turn of firefight, then my guys have to go out and take objective where they can. I am running out of smoke to cover the advance. So next turn, it will be a go.

I think I have cleared the Russians from the victory location at (17,8). There is high grass in (18,7), so there might be a hidden Russian unit there, just holding fire and waiting form to come forward. All I see are the ATG. Without a recon unit, I am blind. Nest turn is turn eight of ten, so I will just have to take my chances.
Now, you are saying, silly Dog, we can see in the btr that it is clear. At the time of the game I could not know that. Secondly, I did advance too soon in a previous play testing of this scenario. My Pzgr company took that same victory location around turn five. By turn seven here, there were on 15% of the company left. They were eventually broken and pushed out of the Russian trenches. Not a event I want to do again.

I think the Barracks are in the NW sufficiently suppressed. Unless there will be surprises there too….

The Russians reinforced the victory location to the SE of Hill 226.6 with yet again another fresh unit. That will make things tough there.

Losses continue to mount for both sides. This does look like what I have read about Kursk.
[Image: 5c6144e2aeKlyuchi%20T7G%20VC.jpg]
Dog Soldier

Attached Files
.zip   !0711_03 Klyuchi Turn 7.zip (Size: 21.49 KB / Downloads: 4)
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Klyuchi – Attrition (a tutorial) - by Dog Soldier - 03-03-2014, 10:56 AM