• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PB Kursk '43 South impressions/discussion
03-03-2014, 10:32 PM,
RE: PB Kursk '43 South impressions/discussion
ComradeP,

I'm always happy to see analysis. That said 'war' is the confluence of so many factors that it's hard to build a formulaic approach that all but guarantees a 'win' or victory. There is always luck, whether it's a hero bring sniped or the opposition being psyched out and retreating when they could have held.

My take from what your saying is that the root cause of the issues is the tightness of the number of turns. This seems to be a particular issue when playing HTH as humans tend to be smarter than the AI. I again am happy to tweak the number of turns officially for the HTH version if results are proving skewed too far one way. I have done this with prior games and put the updates up here till an official patch comes out.

That said, this is a new series and I'm looking for flawed logic, broken scenarios or issues with the engine. I'm all ears, let's just make certain enough scenarios are played before making significant changes. We have done a lot of testing but there maybe things that have been missed.

David
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PB Kursk '43 South impressions/discussion - by Strela - 03-03-2014, 10:32 PM