• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

FWWC and artillery ammo consumption
04-02-2015, 08:26 PM,
RE: FWWC and artillery ammo consumption
(04-02-2015, 11:59 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: Well, Zuber can write what he wants, and his books are very good, but let's just say that he tends to favor the Germans. Just lining up guns along the Marne without infantry wouldn't have done the job, the French infantry were involved and shed a lot of blood to make that happen as well.
I completely agree on both counts. I know that Zuber is a germanophile (no disrespect intended: he simply is an admirer of the well oiled Imperial German war machine, though, sometimes, this admiration leads him to think that the aforementioned machine is dripping oil also where it's sorely needing more grease...Big Grin2) nonetheless, even if his statements are sometimes to be taken cum grano salis, I like his contribution in debunking some old clichés.

Quote:That said, one could argue that the French 75mm, and their numbers, and how they are employed, directly does determine whether or not the French can be successful at slowing and/or stopping the Germans, at the Marne or anywhere else for that matter in the early campaign. So, yes, the guns did play a big part. :)
Indeed! En passant, I, again, have to praise your excellent work in creating very detailed and nuanced OoBs/scenarios, that make FWWC the Great War game par excellence! I still wonder how it was possible to get (and feel) all this detail in a game of this scope.

Quote:In any case, yes, supply drops are factored in to account for the drop in stockpiles. Just try playing Ypres or so to see that in effect. ;)
I already noticed that the "late" scenarios have a stockpiling percentage of 0%. I was just wondering whether the early September scenarios should have an increased percentage for Allied ammunition stockpiling to simulate the "fire as many as you can as there's no tomorrow" attitude that led to the virtual depletion of the pre-war ammunition stockpile in a matter of a week or so.
(BTW, since I read that you are working on limiting the rail capacity in the early days of the campaign, I wonder if the game engine can be modified to allow time-depending values for most of the percentages displayed in the parameter data dialog).
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
FWWC and artillery ammo consumption - by Amadeus - 04-02-2015, 06:07 AM
RE: FWWC and artillery ammo consumption - by Amadeus - 04-02-2015, 08:26 PM