• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles 2 - Visual Order of Battle
12-12-2015, 11:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-13-2015, 05:08 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Panzer Battles 2 - Visual Order of Battle
Page iii: Typo in "independant" for the Belgian 1st Infantry Brigade. Calling it the Belgian 1st Infantry Brigade, like on the unit page, might be better. It's somewhat confusing currently that the unit is sometimes called the independent brigade (contents, brigade HQ name) and sometimes the 1st Infantry Brigade (unit page). I don't know what the actual in-game name is.

I'm not sure what the policy on the depiction of the swastika is on period photographs or otherwise, but the officer on page V has a swastika pin. It's been a while since I read about the laws in Germany so I'm no longer sure if the depiction of a swastika on a period photograph is prohibited.

Page 2: As Ord is an abbreviation for Ordnance, there should be a dot after Ord.

Page 2: there should be a dot before 50 in 50 caliber, a 50 caliber machinegun would be quite an impressive machinegun :)

Page 20: typo in Captain for the HQ company.

Pages 25, 27, 29, 65, 66, 67: - between lieutenant and colonel.

Page 34: The French call a major general a "Général de division"

Page 76: typo in "Scottish".

Polish, Dutch and Belgian officer ranks are in English, considering that the rest of the document tends to feature native languages, it might be nice to write those in the native language as well.

More later.

Edit: and the dance goes on.

Pages 92, 94: Panzerjäger

Page 93: I'm guessing the Panzerjäger Abteilung uses Marders, in which case either no additional description or "Marder" is fine. Due to being its own type, a Marder isn't generally referred to as a Sfl equipment piece, even though it's essentially a 75mm/76.2mm gun on a tank chassis.

Page 97: Generalmajor is one word.

Pages 97, 98, 105, 108, 113, 115, 118, 119, 124, I believe most of the classifications were actually correct the first time around, SPW in all caps, Panzerjäger, Panzerspäh, Sfl, Aufklärung.

Mot is an abbreviation for motorisiert and not an abbreviation of a larger word in letters of the words forming the larger word, but not writing it with a dot at the end isn't too much of an issue even though technically there should be a dot due to it being an abbreviation.

Page 97, 102, 103: Even though the Panzerwerfer classification for some reason included the addition Sfl and a chassis number, even though as far as I know it was the only vehicle of its specific type, referring to it as (Panzerwerfer) is fine I think.

Remove the / in battalion/abteilung indications everywhere except for the following pages: 100, 101 (on both pages, the / indicates the battalion being a component of the Panzer regiment), 105 (the / is there to indicate that the battalions are components of the Werfer regiment).
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Panzer Battles 2 - Visual Order of Battle - by ComradeP - 12-12-2015, 11:15 PM