• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tiger VS 3 Shermans from movie "Fury"
01-15-2016, 06:15 AM,
RE: Tiger VS 3 Shermans from movie "Fury"
(01-14-2016, 02:45 PM)raz_atoth Wrote:
(01-14-2016, 07:57 AM)jawsconan Wrote: And the scene is not so unrealistic as you said about frontal shot by a sherman
source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_I#Gu...erformance
"The M4 Sherman's 75 mm gun would not penetrate the Tiger frontally at any range, and needed to be within 100 m to achieve a side penetration against the 80 mm upper hull superstructure"

cheers.

A Sherman with a 75mm would not penetrate frontally, but unless i'm mistaken the Fury is an Easy 8, with a 76mm gun, not 75mm. And from my knowledge the 76mm is perfectly capable of taking out a tiger with a frontal shoot at those close ranges as in the movie.

Yes, your knowledge is correct Raz. And i also know this point. A 76mm caliber can easily penatrate the Tiger's frontal armor at this range. Simply, i did not notice that the Fury has a 76mm gun. Apologies.
Due to this detail, may be this sherman should hurt more the Tiger on its first shots.
But as i said before, The interest of the scene is not in its scenario. I think it reveals how those WW2 tanks fights went and how the crews worked at destroying the enemy in spite of the fear and panic.

cheers.
Idiots dare everything. That is the way to recognize them (Michel Audiard)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tiger VS 3 Shermans from movie "Fury" - by jawsconan - 01-15-2016, 06:15 AM