• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

fanaticism and losing Cavalry Charge bonus
08-19-2017, 04:16 PM,
RE: fanaticism and losing Cavalry Charge bonus
(08-08-2017, 01:12 AM)Jagger Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 12:39 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Back in the day when I tried out the Nappy series I was disappointed/frustrated with the wording/explanations in the manuals, I must have sent poor old Rich twenty questions about how the game engine functioned because of text that did not make sense or was poorly worded.

A rewrite of the manual would be nice. I have worked for John Tiller since 1999 and I have to remember when reading his replies to my questions that he is a programmer and not a professional writer. I love technical writing (I used to write computer security manuals for a DoD contractor) and I am engaged at present in putting together a new Napoleonic computer games series with another programmer. One of the things I have found is that its easier to discuss what you want to do - far harder to write it all down and expect your audience to understand it!

The Command Test section of the rules was one of the more confusing parts of the manuals until I broke it all down into its parts and discussed it with a fellow gamer.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: fanaticism and losing Cavalry Charge bonus - by Sgt_Rock - 08-19-2017, 04:16 PM