• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Minsk ´44 - 5th GTA is Commited
09-06-2017, 05:29 AM,
RE: Minsk ´44 - 5th GTA is Commited
So, let me throw some comments too, as this was originally my post. I´m glad there is this debate regarding the scenario.

Now, when you look at the statistics about the scenario, there are two Axis wins. I am also playing Germans here, we´re finishing the second day (around turn 20). Most of my frontline units are badly mauled, destroyed, disrupted, broken or alread on the march to Soviet gulags. But my opponent, which plays very good I must say, is not winning yet. Some of my units are still tring to escape from being pocketed, maybe few of them will make it though.

I also want to say, that it´s not a problem for me if I know I will loose. If the game itself is enjoyable, my opponent plays fairly without any weird tricks some players tend to use and the battle situation is interesting, I´m playing.
 The same I can say about the Stalingrad scenario - Winter Storm. It is impossible to win against a competent Soviet commander, but it was one of the best games I was playing. A lot depends on your opponent and his style of play. I don´t like style like mixing 30 diferent divisional units on the same hex, Army HQs roaming two hexes away from the front, AA guns doing recon and similar stuff. If this is avoided, I don´t have problems playing a lost game. But this game is not lost yet. I may post a picture or two tomorrow, but I have to first talk to my opponent not to look here  Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Minsk ´44 - 5th GTA is Commited - by Fhil - 06-18-2017, 07:19 PM
RE: Minsk ´44 - 5th GTA is Commited - by Fhil - 07-15-2017, 01:34 AM
RE: Minsk ´44 - 5th GTA is Commited - by Fhil - 07-16-2017, 06:27 PM
RE: Minsk ´44 - 5th GTA is Commited - by Ricky B - 07-16-2017, 12:38 AM
RE: Minsk ´44 - 5th GTA is Commited - by Fhil - 07-16-2017, 06:26 PM
RE: Minsk ´44 - 5th GTA is Commited - by Ricky B - 07-18-2017, 01:05 PM
RE: Minsk ´44 - 5th GTA is Commited - by Fhil - 09-06-2017, 05:29 AM