• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Happy Birthday Danny boy!
09-09-2017, 03:58 AM,
RE: Happy Birthday Danny boy!
(09-08-2017, 11:02 PM)Dan Caviness Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 07:12 AM)RedDevil Wrote: Well... Statically, DEC/JAN/FEB are the most active months for some things like this.. LOL

Not to mention Statistically!

I can't speak for your inception Devil... Whistle
But I can tell you all about mine, pull up a seat... Helmet Rolleyes

So my Dad's out of WWII and moves to California, as Farmington New Mexico was officially declared DOA after the war.  Actually Farmington had been heading downhill ever since the Pony Express moved on 60 years earlier or so, but it took a while for the pulse to finally cease.  He's working as a foreman on an orchard where my Mother was picking fruit, along with the rest of her family, as Racine, Missouri wasn't far behind Farmington and they needed to eat.

Real Grapes of Wrath shit... Desert2 Farmer Tractor

Or the other explanation...I was conceived as the bastard son of Rod Serling and Broomhilde...during an equinox...or a commercial break when watching the Outer Limits... Twilight Zone Beam Me Up  
Probably doggie style so they could both watch the TV, but that is pure speculation on my part.

Now THERE was a TV show.  The Outer Limits.  The "control voice"...oh yeah...
Blew my little mind...anyone else watch the Outer Limits stuff when you were a tyke?

What sucked was it was on opposite the Jackie Gleason show and Dad wasn't going to miss his Jackie Gleason on Sunday night.

For you young'uns, this was back in the day when (if you were LUCKY) you had one TV, black and white, no DVR, no remote (the kids were the remote, when the old man told you to get up and change the channel, that's what you did) and it you were lucky you didn't have to hold on to the rabbit ear antennas so one of the THREE channels came in.  Kids proved to be excellent antennas...who knew?
I'm fairly sure I picked up several roentgens of old school cathode ray tube radiation.... Hide4  

Nice work Randy.... Devil Spit cheers

Oh Yeah!! The 1960's Outer Limits was the boss! It rocked!!!!

Lot of actors got their start on the show and the monsters, damn I can't say enough about the monsters! They scared me right out of the room half the time and the whole series was done on a meager budget. Joseph Stefanno, the producer, was a genius.

Remember when they turned David McCallum into the big headed, pointy ear, six finger being? How about when the turned Robert Culp into an alien who was suppose to unite mankind. They don't make 'em like that anymore. 

Now I got to go to YouTube and see what's on for the original Outer Limits....

"we are controlling transmission, we can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour sit back and we shall control all that you see and hear..."
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Happy Birthday Danny boy! - by Big Ivan - 08-29-2017, 06:36 PM
RE: Happy Birthday Danny boy! - by Dan Caviness - 08-29-2017, 08:18 PM
RE: Happy Birthday Danny boy! - by Crossroads - 08-30-2017, 03:42 AM
RE: Happy Birthday Danny boy! - by Scud - 08-30-2017, 08:29 AM
RE: Happy Birthday Danny boy! - by Kool Kat - 08-31-2017, 12:15 AM
RE: Happy Birthday Danny boy! - by fritzfarlig - 08-31-2017, 08:13 PM
RE: Happy Birthday Danny boy! - by Boisforas - 09-01-2017, 05:52 AM
RE: Happy Birthday Danny boy! - by RedDevil - 09-02-2017, 08:32 PM
RE: Happy Birthday Danny boy! - by RedDevil - 09-04-2017, 07:12 AM
RE: Happy Birthday Danny boy! - by Dan Caviness - 09-08-2017, 11:02 PM