• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Something that I've never found out through years of play.
12-04-2017, 11:47 PM,
RE: Something that I've never found out through years of play.
I did a test on this awhile back and found that the unit accumulates fatigue if it fires during your opponents turn. Same goes for artillery that fires in support of your units. I always try to get engaged enemy units to fire on night turns to ratchet up the fatigue, especially Russian units on the east front.

My rest/fire decisions are similar to yours, but often depends on scenario length and game situations. Because units in the red take forever to become fit again, I almost never push units into the red while on the offensive. When on the defensive, if a unit gets into the red, then those units are often the ones that I leave as delaying forces if I'm withdrawing to another defensive line, etc. The one exception would be armor units, who I try to pull back to rest for another day.

I use the low ammo dig-in tactic as well, but it seems they take longer to dig-in. I've never tested this, just seems to me that they do.

In the long scenarios, I especially try to rest at night so that I can be operational throughout the game. IN short scenarios, I generally go hell bent for the victory, working the lads 24/7!!

Cheers, Jon
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something that I've never found out through years of play. - by larsonney - 12-04-2017, 11:47 PM