• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

7YW Ist Impression/comments
08-26-2018, 03:20 AM,
RE: 7YW Ist Impression/comments
(08-26-2018, 02:49 AM)Gary McClellan Wrote: I'll check the "longbow" thing.  Should be an easy fix, though it won't get patched in for a bit. (There will likely be a fix for some other stuff soonish, but I doubt this would make it into that.)

Armor, I'll have to give that one lots of thought, and dig deeper into the mechanics of the engine.  My big concern is "for game terms, how effective is the armor, really?"  

What I mean is this.  Most of the rider is unarmored (head, arms, legs) as well as the horse (those days are long past also.)  So, the Cuirass could certainly be a lifesaver, but putting armor onto someone in the engine creates a bunch of knock-on effects.  I throw it at Rich White who understands that part of the engine better.  Certainly not a change that would be seen soon.

HI, unless something has changed from the Ren engine, each point Ie 1, 2 etc)  reduces melee and fire casualties by 10% per point.  The Ren game had full armed knights in the earliest scenarios with a value of 4, then reduced to 3 in mid 16thc scenarios( I suppose to take into account no more horse barding)  most "reiter" types had 2 or 1. 
For this time period a value of 1 would likely be appropriate imho.

Based on the PDT weapons charts, it looks like values for firing versus armored/not armored are in there  ( they just are all the same value which would be fine)   It looks likes all the data fields remain the same in the OOB's,  it would just mean inserting a non zero value for armor in data lines  OOB  for the somewhat few troops that wear the curriass(1 data field to the left of the unit melee bonus value)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
7YW Ist Impression/comments - by TheGrayMouser - 08-26-2018, 01:29 AM
RE: 7YW Ist Impression/comments - by TheGrayMouser - 08-26-2018, 03:20 AM
RE: 7YW Ist Impression/comments - by geoff - 08-27-2018, 07:09 PM
RE: 7YW Ist Impression/comments - by geoff - 08-29-2018, 06:10 AM