• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

About the 3D graphic of new JT Napoleonic Battles games
09-06-2019, 09:06 AM,
RE: About the 3D graphic of new JT Napoleonic Battles games
It sounds like you might be implying that HPS and JTS are different by virtue of being different publishers, but that wouldn't be the case.  As far as I understand it was the same art team that have done both, and what this is, is probably more of a style change.

Yes, these can be modded to whatever is needed; specifically changing around to ones that work better. It's a fairly big job but I am only talking about the technical issue involved, as well as permissions in the system - it would simply be changing the file.

Sometimes too the underlying map can make the units tough to pick out. 

What I'd done, with the map graphics, is change around various stock terrain graphics from a range of their series (more for reworking some stock graphics for JTS publication the Musket and Pike series, which is [graphically] using nearly identical files ).  I'm probably going to look into expanding this to modding a riverbank/shore hexside - but I haven't had the time to devote to it yet - I'm pretty sure it will make a significant difference -but, well that's more than you asked about.

For what it's worth though, in terms of figures - I tend to agree with you - the Austerlitz ones are a good set to start with, although there might not be similar style figures for all of the nations --so it might be more than changing things around.  I'll have to check that out --- as what you are suggesting is a pretty good idea and might be pretty easily doable (I mean that more specifically for myself in I might do that, as opposed to can it be done .... it definitely can be done).  I'm sure others have already.

There are some other things that I was going to look at working on as well, that you hadn't touched one -- but re-doing some of the leader files to find as many colour portraits as a I can (probably mostly talking about older titles- but I haven't looked at them in all of the titles- I just know that there are some where it can make a big difference (like Wagram ... I assume it is more widespread than that though...).
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: About the 3D graphic of new JT Napoleonic Battles games - by -72- - 09-06-2019, 09:06 AM