• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

About the 3D graphic of new JT Napoleonic Battles games
09-06-2019, 09:12 PM,
RE: About the 3D graphic of new JT Napoleonic Battles games
I'm sort of like Bill in the sense that with miniatures I would prefer a more sweeping look, although personally when I see the newer material that isn't what I am seeing.  A battalion would look rather indistinct at distance. 

Don't believe  that? Put all of the figures that are in a unit on the screen so that they fit into the hex. Not to mention it makes having overly distinct uniform differences entirely pointless. 

I suppose in a full sweep of things, one would adjust the bases so that they are more centered, and probably change the colour combinations (no need to retain just the 8 bit palette ... not to mention if you save the current files as 24 bit but don't add to the colours - technically it is like putting 8 gallons in a 24 gallon tank - you're still only using 8 bits.

You know maybe all hexside graphics ought to be on the table, unit portraits in the older title- swap them out for ones in newer files, change up the older leaders to add in images with colour, change up the leaderbox, and unitbox graphics ...

Probably add some white balance to the terrain files so that the units stand out a little better...

Probably look at 2D unit symbols -- granted it isn't a lot of room on the counters to work with -and of course getting rid of the shadows on the 2D files as they serve no purpose.

Possible get rid of the bevel, at the very least make every counter aligned within its y axis ... and make the x axis point and interval the same for all units (eyeballing it just isn't good enough).

Maybe get some other building sets... more regionally diverse.

Winter does need some work.  The old 8 bit stuff definitely wasn't an answer - but truthfully that is a factor in SYW as well. Musket and Pike as a whole, really.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: About the 3D graphic of new JT Napoleonic Battles games - by -72- - 09-06-2019, 09:12 PM