• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

About the 3D graphic of new JT Napoleonic Battles games
09-07-2019, 09:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2019, 09:17 AM by -72-.)
RE: About the 3D graphic of new JT Napoleonic Battles games
(09-07-2019, 02:36 AM)Ivenend Wrote: What I wonder is, would it be possible that the engine loads 32-bit png files? If the engine can do so, that means we can use the alpha channel to make semi-transparent pixels, and then we can make the edges of (various) graphics smooth, that would be another big improvement.

The answer, unfortunately, is no -that is one thing that requires a programming change.  I tried it with 32 bit bmps  (pngs wouldn't work because pngs of any type don't work).

What happened is - it never recognised the transparency layer - made it just white. Actually if you are working with layers, get rid of your background colour, make it transparent and add shadows to some of the figures that you know will come up in a scenario (mainly so you don't have to hunt for them once you call up a scenario) --- you'll see what I mean.

It has come up before - and like you, you bet, I would LOVE my transparency layer.  :)

It would be a massive one.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: About the 3D graphic of new JT Napoleonic Battles games - by -72- - 09-07-2019, 09:14 AM