• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1776 - Does the game feel right to you?
08-20-2021, 11:16 AM,
RE: 1776 - Does the game feel right to you?
(08-19-2021, 06:57 AM)rahamy Wrote: I would also submit that our re-playing of historical situations is skewed in that we have far more information than the historical participants. And, we are also far more aggressive with our forces.

Agree 100% - all players, even conservative ones, push their forces much much harder than real commanders did/would.  But that is the basis of my observation....the Colonial forces in this scenario are not being aggressive at all.  They have largely stood pat on defense and used the advantages of terrain to their fullest, yet are taking the higher number of casualties in the battle.  Me and my opponent have discussed it openly and we do believe some of it can be attributed to tactics (the British are being very careful about positioning, limiting the numbers of units the Americans can fire back with, while maximizing the number of British units that are firing per turn...so the British are shooting more).  That would not seem to account for a 300% improvement over history though.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1776 - Does the game feel right to you? - by Steel God - 08-20-2021, 11:16 AM