• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

tactic of "dancing" and what to do about it
05-23-2024, 06:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-23-2024, 06:53 PM by KAreil.)
RE: tactic of "dancing" and what to do about it
I'd have to check where in the latest manuals it is written, but IIRC there is a parameter available to the scenario designers to limit the amount of "fire from one hex" to counter exactly this.

EDIT: Found it on page 59 of the PzC manuals - it is not a parameter but linked to the stacking limit:

Quote:Hex Fire Limitation
To avoid a tactic where players move units into a single hex, fire twice, and then move out, over and over with different units, there is a limitation on the total amount of firing that can originate from a single hex. The Hex Fire Limitation rule says that for a stacking limit of X, at most 3 * X firings, measured in men equivalent strength, can originate from any one hex in a single turn.

For example, if the stacking limit was 1600. Then one stack of 1600 men could fire twice from a single hex, but if they were to leave and another stack of 1600 men enters the hex in that same turn, they could only fire once before the Hex Fire Limitation applied.

But re-reading your post I think you already knew that. I must admit that I've never found this to be that much of an issue in the matches I played.
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: tactic of "dancing" and what to do about it - by KAreil - 05-23-2024, 06:44 PM