• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

In's and Out's of 'Abandon Bridge' ?
05-28-2024, 03:54 AM,
RE: In's and Out's of 'Abandon Bridge' ?
(05-27-2024, 10:32 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Or get the equipment for another bridge.  Engineer stacked with Div, Corps or Army HQ should be able to get the equipment for another bridge.  It could be a random thing in the larger turned scenarios and campaigns.  Just spit balling here.

I am reaching back 15 or so years into my memory here, but if I recall correctly the reason it was done the way it is was to prevent abuse.  While realistically what you say makes sense, there probably would be some limited amounts of bridging equipment in reserve, when abandon bridge was instituted to allow players to recover the engineer it was thought some price needed to be paid.  If you could regain it by stacking with an HQ like Truck Transport players would be cutting bridges lose left and right.  The idea of transferring the bridge to another Engineer is probably a solution open to less abuse, but bridging in general just doesn't seem like something WDS would be overly concerned with changing (but then again, what do I know)   2cents2
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: In's and Out's of 'Abandon Bridge' ? - by Steel God - 05-28-2024, 03:54 AM