• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tiller Operational Campaigns Tournament No. 01
08-06-2024, 05:57 AM,
RE: Tiller Operational Campaigns Tournament No. 01
We've completed our games.

Belisarius as Allies: 1064 points. A draw according to the victory dialog, but reported as a minor victory due to the special HTH Victory Conditions for Philippines '44.

ComradeP as Allies: 1408 points, a major victory according to the victory dialog and thus also a major victory using the special HTH Victory Conditions.

Another close game, with very similar losses by the end.

Belisarius as Allies:

900 points from objectives

Allied losses:
Men: 631, 75 points.
Guns: 4, 5 points.
Vehicles: 5, 6 points.
Air losses: 1, 8 points.

Japanese losses:
Men: 1856, 240 points.
Guns: 18, 18 points.

ComradeP as Allies:

1000 points from regular objectives and 272 points from the exit hex for a total of 1272 objective points.

Allied losses:
Men: 594, 71 points.
Guns: 3, 3 points.
Vehicles: 2, 1 point.
Air losses: 7, 42 points.

Japanese losses:

Men: 1879, 235 points.
Guns: 15, 18 points.

I expected that the points from losses would be very similar. When I lost 6 planes during the opening turns, I was worried and restricted my air strikes. Of course, I promptly lost another plane when I targeted a weakened company.

The stubborn, defiant, stand of the Japanese controlled by Belisarius made going for the 200 VP in the rear impossible.

One of my stacked Japanese units remained undisrupted in that 200 VP hex, preventing the hex from falling. Belisarius also didn't capture one of the 100 VP bunkers as he split his forces in an attempt to capture the 200 VP hex in the rear.

As I feared he might be able to capture the 200 VP hex in the rear due to a more successful initial advance, I shifted the focus of the Cavalry Division to the exit objective. Enough units exited the map to compensate for the loss of the objective in the other game, should I have lost it. I also narrowly managed to capture the second bunker hex with the Filipino unit.

All in all, another exciting game where both players used different strategies on a small map and ended up with a fairly similar result.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tiller Operational Campaigns Tournament No. 01 - by ComradeP - 08-06-2024, 05:57 AM