• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tiller Operational Campaigns Tournament No 2: Attacking and Defending
08-24-2024, 08:18 PM,
RE: Tiller Operational Campaigns Tournament No 2: Attacking and Defending
(08-24-2024, 10:03 AM)Steel God Wrote: Having run my fair share of Tournaments in my time, I can tell you why the scenario lengths are kept at short ones....because if you have long ones you'll never finish.  Some players will finish at a brisk pace, others will take 2 or 3 days to process a turn.....at a 40 turn scenario that's 240 days for 1 round if each player is eating 3 days.  If other folks managed a day a turn they'd been done in 80 days and then sitting idle for 160.....and they would lose interest.  I have seen it more times than I can count....hence, Tournaments stick to short small scenarios.  My first round opponent in the current Tournament made the same comment that you did Iceman.....the short ones don't show case the players talents.....and the truth is they don't showcase certain talents, but they will showcase other talents.  As a player who enjoys the long view of PzC play I appreciate where you're coming from, but for Tournaments, Nasty, Brutish and Short is the best way to go if you want to avoid the scourge of all Tournaments............drop outs.

Having seen the "drop outs" issue so many times over the years I cannot endorse Paul's comments enough, it is unfortunate that the smaller scenarios do not always allow a players talent to be decisive and a lucky disruption result here and there can sway the result, but it really is the only way to complete Tourneys.  Wink

Just treat the Tourneys as a bit of fun, to stir up interest and allow members to meet players whom normally they might never had the pleasure to play against.  Smile
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tiller Operational Campaigns Tournament No 2: Attacking and Defending - by Mr Grumpy - 08-24-2024, 08:18 PM