• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tiller Operational Campaigns Tournament No 2: Attacking and Defending
09-02-2024, 05:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-02-2024, 05:19 AM by HMCS Rosthern.)
RE: Tiller Operational Campaigns Tournament No 2: Attacking and Defending
(08-29-2024, 12:00 PM)HMCS Rosthern Wrote: My design objectives for Tournament No2 were:
  • Design a system that did not use mirrored games.
  • Any title in any of the Tillers Operational Campaign series could be played, and that the entrant pairings got to choose the scenario. I am restricting which titles can be used, and I am dropping the ability to choose as it makes managing a balance of opportunities in the tournament more difficult.
  • Give each entrant pairings some points even for defeats. One reason for this is to provide some granularity on Tournament and Bonus Points awarded, otherwise I would likely end up with a bunch of ties in Tournament Points.
Scenarios will only be selected from a pool of TOC series titles common to all tournament entrants. Any series is in scope, so entrants must be prepared to play all 3 series. I did consider restricting this tournament to PzC only, and that may yet come to pass.

Each round a scenario assigned by the organizers. The rounds alternate which Team is the First Side, The First Side in Rounds 1 and 2, 3 and 4, and 5 and 6 will be assigned scenarios will be deemed by the organizers as representing a similar situation, and similar chances of obtaining tournament points. For example, the First Side in Rounds 1 and 2 might be a mobile force attacking an enemy that can only play a delaying game, and there is evidence to suggest the scenarios are balanced. The entrants will have to accept that the organizers could get it wrong and choose scenarios that inadvertently give one side a round advantage. Not all scenarios are going to be absolutely balanced, but every effort will be made to ensure the above scenario pairs provide balanced chances to the First Side.

The Total Points will be used to calculate the Tournament Points and Bonus Points, so as to provide a normalized scoring.

Comments? I give it a few days before making the changes official.

Please see the very first post for updates to the Tournament Rules. 

I am proceeding with this tournament, but we need a minimum of 12 entrants.

The proposed start date is October 1, 2024.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tiller Operational Campaigns Tournament No 2: Attacking and Defending - by HMCS Rosthern - 09-02-2024, 05:18 AM