• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Engineers in Assaults
09-05-2024, 06:13 AM,
RE: Engineers in Assaults
(09-04-2024, 06:24 AM)Steel God Wrote: Okay....not too long ago I made a statement on the WDS Boards which turned out to be wrong....and if you had asked me to bet any amount of money on it prior I would have taken the wager without hesitation.  My statement was that Engineers when added to an assault attack (the reference was for FWWC but I believed it would apply to PzC and/or MC as well) would have the effect of lowering casualties for the attacker and therefore increasing the chances of winning the assaults.  I believed this so strongly that it effected the way I played, I husbanded my engineers and saved them for critical assaults because of this belief.  Now, I don't mind being wrong and/or corrected, but this idea is so ingrained in me I'd love to understand why I thought it was so.  Did I dream this up out of thin air, or has anyone else played a game (WDS or other) where Engineers provided that sort of assistance I'm thinking of?  I'd blame advancing age and senility if I haven't believed this for years or decades.

Hello, All

Mr. Steel God will have some of company with the aging gamers here.
Count me as deficient at times - bad habits.
Engineer combat chops - eh - I think they just help out the odds.
I don't think that they reduce your losses.
Shortening the assault effort # of times could be helpful.
No ?

TS
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Engineers in Assaults - by Steel God - 09-04-2024, 06:24 AM
RE: Engineers in Assaults - by Dog Soldier - 09-04-2024, 07:12 AM
RE: Engineers in Assaults - by Outlaw Josey Wales - 09-04-2024, 11:05 PM
RE: Engineers in Assaults - by 5 Leichte Div - 09-05-2024, 06:13 AM
RE: Engineers in Assaults - by Ricky B - 09-06-2024, 01:53 PM
RE: Engineers in Assaults - by Steel God - 09-07-2024, 10:28 PM