• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Winter Operations - Kharkov '43: Tiller Operational Campaigns Tournament No 2
2 hours ago,
RE: Winter Operations - Kharkov '43: Tiller Operational Campaigns Tournament No 2
(3 hours ago)ComradeP Wrote: Soviet quality vs. Axis quality
First round: C/D vs. B/C.
Second round: C/D vs. A/C.
Third round: C/D vs. A/B.
Fourth round: C/D vs. A/B.
Fifth round: C/D vs. A/B.
Sixth round: D vs. A/B.

Neither side can move and assault with infantry units due to the weather. 

Delayed Disruption Reporting prevents "perfect" targeting by both sides because you know the state the enemy units are in. As Soviet unit quality is lower, I would argue it favours the Soviets. Whether or not the enemy units are disrupted becomes more of an educated guess.

It would be interesting to see what kind of effect 4.05 has on the number of morale checks, as the calculation now takes unit strength in men/guns/vehicles into account. In the current version, a few 1 Man/D or 2 Men/D results can quickly slow down an offensive. Delayed Disruption Reporting compensates for the quality gap by adding uncertainty.

Not sure what you mean by "Neither side can move and assault with infantry units due to the weather." unless you are referring to STORM conditions. If you open your turn with units adjacent to the enemy position, you would have the opportunity to assault that enemy position at any time in that move so a potential softening from either artillery or fire from other units prior to an assault with a unit who still had the movement points would be possible unless I am missing something. The difference  would be that one would not know if the softening disrupted the unit until after their move ended. Am I missing another change? 
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Winter Operations - Kharkov '43: Tiller Operational Campaigns Tournament No 2 - by Partizanka - 2 hours ago