• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Winter Operations - Kharkov '43: Tiller Operational Campaigns Tournament No 2
2 hours ago,
RE: Winter Operations - Kharkov '43: Tiller Operational Campaigns Tournament No 2
(2 hours ago)ComradeP Wrote: I meant no infantry units can move 1 hex and assault during the same turn.

MP costs for movement are so high in Kharkov '43 that even Deployed A quality units with Speed 5 don't have ~2/3 MP's left after moving. In Snow and Frozen conditions, the Foot MP cost modifier is 200% and unlike in other titles moving into a Clear hex costs 7 MP's without weather modifiers, so 14 MP's with Snow and Frozen conditions.

Yeah, that is true but I was referring to how play would be affected by the DDR rule because "A" and "B" units have a better chance to recover especially if in command from HQ's with equal modifiers. Were this flipped with "D" and "E" units being the defenders it would be less of a problem since they more than likely would not recover from disruption in one turn.

I think to debate isn't the point since the rule is in place. But alerting other players that have not played with the rule is helpful. We have players of different levels of attention and experience. Last tournament game, I matched against a player that was not familiar with breaking down units in a scenario where it was essential to break down units. It was not an enjoyable game for either of us. 

I see the role of tournaments is to encourage play and involvement nowadays since my completive interest has waned and I play with other goals in mind other than winning. I'm happy when I remember to move all my units and do a dance if I get everybody in command. I smiled when I saw my ELO. I'm playing Comrade P right now in a game and it is one of my worst ever. I am sure he is scratching his head about those ELO numbers. There was a time when I would compete for the win. Now, it is to see how many turns I have to play before I figure out what my goal is.  

Last thought on rules and options. They are relative, imperfect, and like most medications have consequential side effects. Something may get fixed but something elsewhere can be broken.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Winter Operations - Kharkov '43: Tiller Operational Campaigns Tournament No 2 - by Partizanka - 2 hours ago