• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Beach landings
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boats loaded with troops
75.00%
6 75.00%
No boats.
25.00%
2 25.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Boats or no Boats
07-02-2024, 11:53 PM,
Feedback Needed  Boats or no Boats
Just a quick Question for the troops... Somewhere, someone is thinking.. Liberation.
 Would you Fellars want boats/ or no boats?
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2024, 01:27 AM,
RE: Boats or no Boats
I voted for no boats, but it really depends on the situation. I think putting the troops onshore with the historical amount of losses would save a few turns.

Rob
07-03-2024, 01:56 AM,
I vote for boats with troops.
07-03-2024, 02:29 AM,
"...but Mama, that's where the fun is..."

Boats.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
07-03-2024, 03:50 AM,
So you hardcores really want 6+ divisions worth of boats to move off the map?  Crazy
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
07-03-2024, 04:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2024, 04:17 AM by Scud.)
(07-03-2024, 03:50 AM)RedDevil Wrote: So you hardcores really want 6+ divisions worth of boats to move off the map?  Crazy

I think you need to lead with the specifics before you start polling.  Big Grin

Is this a D-day scenario like the one Jason is currently videoing? Wasn't that was 6+ divisions, with boats? Or is that scenario just a partial? Great scenario, btw.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
07-03-2024, 04:35 AM,
(07-03-2024, 04:13 AM)Scud Wrote:
(07-03-2024, 03:50 AM)RedDevil Wrote: So you hardcores really want 6+ divisions worth of boats to move off the map?  Crazy

I think you need to lead with the specifics before you start polling.  Big Grin

Is this a D-day scenario like the one Jason is currently videoing? Wasn't that was 6+ divisions, with boats? Or is that scenario just a partial? Great scenario, btw.

Dave

Whistle
07-03-2024, 10:54 PM,
Could always look into boats being removed after they drop without having to go to the map edge or automatically when they drop their loads. Just a thought.
07-03-2024, 11:34 PM,
If it's D-Day it would be Landing Craft.
Boats were used in Norway.
I did not vote because I was not sure of the scenario.

If D-Day there were two American and three British Divisions plus three para divisions?

Farmer

HSL
Yesterday, 04:12 AM,
Perhaps I should provide more details... 🤨
This will involve 6+ divisions landing on 5 beaches.😎
& paras don't use no stink'n boats, Ed  Flying Pig

Are you all SURE you want LANDING CRAFTS/ boats?🤔