• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

First Panzer Battles Tournament
03-17-2015, 02:12 PM,
RE: First Panzer Battles Tournament
Round three started a little over a month ago. I know there was a small disruption with the first patch coming out in mid-round. We should not be using that patch for the tournament until round four.

ComradeP reported in this last weekend.

How is everyone else progressing? Please sound off how far your games have progressed so I can judge when round three will be completed.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2015, 04:46 PM,
OJW and myself are at turn 16. Estimated time to finish are wednesday next week. Doing one turn a day nowSmile
03-18-2015, 02:50 PM,
Solyom and I are on turn 11, I believe.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
03-22-2015, 08:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-22-2015, 08:56 PM by ComradeP.)
Sadly, my opponent can't continue the game due to personal reasons.

Instead of logging the game as a forfeited game, I'd also be fine with one of the reserve players taking over to finish the game. The turn file isn't encrypted. I could e-mail the latest turn file to a reserve player together with a description of how the game went thus far and where my units that my opponent could keep track of are now.

A reserve player will need to take the place of my opponent in the tournament as things currently stand.

For sportsmanship, I'd prefer to finish the game against a reserve player. The writing was probably very much on the wall for the forfeited Yakovlevo game as that was forfeited on one of the final turns I believe, but the current game still has some 9-10 turns to go.

Dog Soldier, please let me know how you want to handle this.
03-24-2015, 02:17 AM,
10-3 and myself are on turn 11 after an email problem but we are moving along now
03-27-2015, 11:27 PM,
jmlima appears to have had to drop from the tournament. I hope all is well with jmlima, though I did not receive any reply to my inquiries. Maybe he will be able to join the community again in another tournament in future.
I wish him well.

Welcome to Jeff Connor the first alternate. Jeff is a great addition to the tournament. The tournament is designed so all members in the tournament will get a chance to play a round against everyone else. If you played jmlima in the firs two rounds, you will not get to meet Jeff in a tournament round, but I suggest you seek him out after the tournament and play a game of Panzer Battles with him.
He is well know in Squad Battles forum here at the blitz and recently hosted the Falklands tournament in that area.

Thank you to all the members who checked in with their third round progress. Hope you are finding this scenario full of surprises for both sides. It has some interesting possibilities and many different ways to play both sides.
I look forward to hearing people's comments on the scenario after the third round is finished.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
03-28-2015, 02:26 AM,
10-3 and I are now on turn 17
03-28-2015, 06:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-28-2015, 09:16 AM by Gregor.)
OJW and myself just finished the game and it ended, as in the game already reported by Fabiominatti and Kuriltai, with a major Soviet victory after a bloody battle. The Russians were pushed behind the second line, but managed to hold the line trough the day.

Thanks to OJW for a good game.
03-31-2015, 08:16 AM,
10-3 and I just finished our game I got a minor victory by 1 point tough battle got through 10-3's first line fairly well but stopped cold at the one in the north
03-31-2015, 03:05 PM,
Good job Landser34, it's a tricky scenario for the Germans.

Jeff and I are at turn 10.