• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Feedback wanted
01-21-2008, 05:53 AM,
RE: Feedback wanted
Brightness is fine on my PC, Mick. I have also noticed the slowdown.
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2008, 06:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2008, 06:54 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Yes mate, BTW I've just re-done the Combat Gallery and brought the display time down to an acceptable figure, and in future shall also re-structure my other threads likewise..

PS - Blitz allows 10 posts per page which is fine providing each post contains just one or two or PNG screenshots, to make a total of around 20 per page, but when I originally did Combat Gallery I was putting 10 shots per post, making a total of 100 shots per page which was way too high, no wonder things slowed down on my middle-range PC..
So I've re-done it with far less shots per page..:)
01-21-2008, 07:15 AM,
It's very little to do with your middle range PC and nearly everything to do with the speed of your internet connection....very few connections will handle several doz pics of 800-900k without downloading sluggishly.
01-26-2008, 03:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2008, 03:23 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Can I just ask a question I should have perhaps asked earlier -
When saving stunning screenshots, these are the default(?) options screens which come up when I select 'Save as PNG' (left), and 'Save as JPG or GIF' (right), so can anybody tell me which boxes I should or shouldn't tick, and whether I should adjust the numerical value input and slider bar?
I've never touched anything for a very long time, but maybe I should tweak something?

[Image: AAA.png]
01-26-2008, 07:42 PM,
Just a hint POS,you might keep The 'Save Quality' to 80% when saving as jpeg.You'll get better filesizes while the loss in quality should be almost untraceable.
Send this user an email
01-26-2008, 07:43 PM,
JPEG: this format uses a lossy compression, it means you will lose some details from your screen. That's why the text is blurry. You should adjust the slider till the resulting image is fine enough, or not too big. The other checkboxes looks fine to me.

PNG: I'd recommend using this format for taking CM screenshots. This is lossless, you will get every pixel back. The compression level should be the maximum, because that makes the smaller file.

You don't have to care about the transparent colors and gif interlacing.

That's all I can say, but I'm not a photoshop/image expert.
01-26-2008, 11:37 PM,
i dont have problems.it just took me 15 seconds to open the first page of your combat gallery.and the quality is okay....