• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Off Topic: Commander: Europe at War
10-27-2008, 10:23 PM,
RE: Off Topic: Commander: Europe at War
falc Wrote:If u feel like a PBEM sometime let me know. :)

- falco.

OK sounds good - let me get to where I can at least beat the AI first!
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2008, 05:42 PM,
Nice looking game DK. I used to play Panzer General and loved it. I also played Peoples General, same thing but WW III in china. Whats the rough cost ?
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
10-28-2008, 10:18 PM,
Wigam Wrote:Nice looking game DK. I used to play Panzer General and loved it. I also played Peoples General, same thing but WW III in china. Whats the rough cost ?

Looks like it's 49.99 download or 59.99 download + shipment here:

http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec_Mai..._ID=119338

I loved the old Panzer General too - it's what got me hooked on computer wargames.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
10-28-2008, 11:40 PM,
Mad Russian Wrote:TOAW isn't that hard to play. I think you'll find that after a single game you'll have the system down.
I disagree. I bought it and played several games and still couldn't figure out why all my 3:1 attacks were failing and why my units had no supplies after moving down the road.

It might be good, but the display of info is so bad as (for me) to be unplayable.
10-29-2008, 12:49 AM,
I have to endorse that CEAW is one of the most fun and playable WW2 strategy games I've come across in a long time!
Well designed and in the best tradition of a good beer and pretzels game, that'll still stretch your strategic decision-making abilities to the limit! I can only recommend it.
Hmm... I really need to get back to doing my CEAW PBEM turns vs MGK and continue the kicking I'm getting as the Allies. Whip
10-29-2008, 05:38 AM,
Rico (FGM) Wrote:Hmm... I really need to get back to doing my CEAW PBEM turns vs MGK and continue the kicking I'm getting as the Allies. Whip

Hey Rico - What are your PBEM settings? Oil on or off? Balanced or Axis favor? I'm having a dickens of a time just beating the AI on "Normal" difficulty, much less against a human. Those Russians just keep coming!

Here is my current game from the highest view (the icons default to unit symbols from this high):

[Image: CEAW-2.jpg]

This is my second try as Axis - I have taken Kursk and Kharkov and Leningrad is falling, but look at my fuel (the oil Barrels) - I'm only getting 22 fuel per turn when I need a minimum of 60 to use all my units effectively. I'm trying to take that oilwell to the southwest near Grozny but I'll likely get cut off before I get there. When you run out of fuel everything just stops - tanks, planes, ships - they can't do diddly without it (can't even fire). It's October of '42, the British are already trying to land in France and winter is coming. I have a feeling I'll be down in the Bunker with Eva Braun by 1943. :(
10-29-2008, 06:17 AM,
Really does look similar to Third Reich. But there appears to be a lot more hexes / a smaller scale map. I recall that all of Germany took up something like 9 or 10 hexes in Third Reich.

Hope it arrives in time for the weekend.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]