• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

BFC news
02-27-2009, 05:32 AM,
RE: BFC news
Ok to summarise all the comments.

BAIL OUT CMC WITH OBAMAS STIMULUS PACKAGE.
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2009, 05:44 AM,
Gents....while I am neither unaware or disinterested in global economics and politics, the Blitz isn't the place for those discussions. There are more than enough forums for those conversations on the internet without us doing it here.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Paul
02-27-2009, 10:10 AM,
I never thought the game was a being made , it was just a smoke screen and a talking shop. If CMC was being made it would of been published a long time ago.

Well done Battle front another cock up.
02-28-2009, 12:02 AM,
Whoops...

It was my mistake for forgetting that discussion in this forum was to be limited to topics that are irrelevant.

Sorry, my fault.
02-28-2009, 12:42 AM,
"I find myself in the position this New Year of having something that is arguably 99% done, and yet we cannot nail the key bugs which prevent release (and no one wants to release something that is deficient)."

Battlefront didn't seem to have any problems releasing Shock Force or Theatre of War although those games are buggy as hell.
02-28-2009, 02:10 AM,
I totally agree with Vartuoosi.
CMSF is being patched over and over again, nearly
16 months after the initial release.
Do not believe what you think
02-28-2009, 02:14 AM,
Well, IMO it all boils down to monetary return on the time invested. Seems they feel they can make more off something else. Tis a pity.
02-28-2009, 03:09 AM,
Mikey_FGM Wrote:Whoops...

It was my mistake for forgetting that discussion in this forum was to be limited to topics that are irrelevant.

Sorry, my fault.

No need to be sarcastic Mike. Believe me I am deadly serious about my politics, and suspect you and I would even line up on the same side of the aisle politically, but the Blitz is a war gaming Club and we limit our discussion here to things which are relevant to war gaming. If the current world situation makes war gaming irrelevant to you I can sympathize and understand why you feel that way...but we're not going to discuss it at the Blitz. Sorry, but that's the way the owners want it.

No offense intended.
02-28-2009, 03:03 PM,
Vartuoosi...I guess it was okay to release the others since they weren't 99% bug free as CMC seems to have been.

Good Hunting.

MR
02-28-2009, 05:56 PM,
Very well said steel god,
I can see your point clearly now.

My little rant sprouted from FieryRAGEFiery against that alluring, seductive, addictive electronic hypnotism that people willingly surrender themselves to when they feel powerless and defeated...

Media, the drip feed anesthetic...

In my own life, I had allowed myself to be distracted and diverted from what really mattered. So, stopping that, and standing up from within it, I felt the need to splash a bit of ink on this page...

I just needed to vent some frustration, and in hindsight, there are probably more suitable venues to do that.

Anyways,
thanks for the Common Sense,
and thanks again for the Blitz!