• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Beach landings
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boats loaded with troops
75.00%
6 75.00%
No boats.
25.00%
2 25.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Boats or no Boats
07-04-2024, 07:07 AM,
RE: Boats or no Boats
(07-04-2024, 04:12 AM)RedDevil Wrote: Perhaps I should provide more details... 🤨
This will involve 6+ divisions landing on 5 beaches.😎
& paras don't use no stink'n boats, Ed  Flying Pig

Are you all SURE you want LANDING CRAFTS/ boats?🤔

If the landings are uncontested or, if contested but the boats can't be targeted and hit, then no, no boats. If the landing is contested and the boats can be hit coming in, then I can't see why you wouldn't use them.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2024, 11:58 PM,
LOL! Then it's not June 6th? Whistle Rolling Eyes

I am with Scud. I voted for boats loaded with troops.

Farmer

HSL
Yesterday, 12:46 AM,
I had to deal with this issue with my recent Operation Ikarus (WF), the Axis invasion of Iceland. The axis land a few divisions on the southern shore, and the allies also bring in a division from the west. IMO, there is some fun in moving and landing large amounts of troops. Some of the boats are also excellent at suppressing the shore defenses. Also, resisting an amphibious invasion is fun and challenging. Playtesting determined that I could save some time moving all the landing craft and boats by deploying them a bit closer to their objectives. Especially in the case of the Allies relief force. 
For the Axis, moving almost three divisions by boat added about 30-40 minutes to the play time. But this is only for the first 8-10 turns. Same with the Allies. Soon enough, the troops have disembarked and then it's just a matter of getting the boats out of the way. Just dumping all those troops on shore would've caused the scenario to lose some flavor. 

Happy 4th of July America!
Yesterday, 02:34 AM,
i voted for boats. The point made about if boats are involved directly in the battle, i.e., d-day type scenario  boats/ landing craft loaded is my view as well.
Yesterday, 06:38 AM,
(07-02-2024, 11:53 PM)RedDevil Wrote: Just a quick Question for the troops... Somewhere, someone is thinking.. Liberation.
 Would you Fellars want boats/ or no boats?

Who's the newbee ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO where have you been hiding  Devil