• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube
08-12-2024, 06:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2024, 06:05 AM by Jason Petho.)
RE: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube
After going over the latest news from the Campaign Series, we played a custom scenario by one of the Campaign Series playtesters. John had created a Korean War scenario with the Chinese forces against the US Marines at the Chosin Reservoir. It was an interesting scenario and allowed me to see how the Chinese performs in combat at this point of the OOB's and gave me lots of ideas for potentially scripting the scenario. If you want the scenario, which is actually designed to be played H2H, you can find it over in the Blitzkrieg Wargame club database! (https://www.theblitz.club/)

Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2024, 06:24 AM,
After going over the progress on North Koreans and plans ahead, we returned to Hue and continued with the Scenario #4 by David Galster. Just a reminder that these need to be scripted before we release them to the public, but they will be included in the future UPDATES for the Vietnam game. It was a rough city fighting scenario, our poor troops were getting eaten. But, we did have a bunch of gunships (which I didn't lose this time... ha!) that provided ample support. After the successful conclusion of the scenario we started up the next scenario, Scenario #6 which is over the same terrain, but I have far more troops to conduct the assault. I am missing all those gunships I had though.

Send this user an email
08-26-2024, 06:36 AM,
An overview of the goodies I've been working on and a reminder about the future updates. After we dove back into Scenario #6 of the Hue set of scenarios. This is a rough one. It is the same terrain as #4 but a completely different set up. Lots of senseless violence and battling happening as we attempt to clear defences in depth with bunkers, trenches and ample NVA troops causing mass casualties. Lots of valuable lessons for advancing into the jaws of multiple heavy weapons. I wish I had my gunships from the last scenario, absolutely!

Send this user an email