• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Forum Rules involving Clickie posts
08-09-2007, 07:27 AM,
RE: Forum Rules involving Clickie posts
My view is that the clickie threads were out of control yesterday, but perhaps you guys are right and putting the hammer down on all clickie threads would be an overreaction.

Part of the clickie overload, I now perceive, was only a reaction to not understanding the new system and how it affected existing scores, so that will die out naturally. The normal clickie banter that goes on is often very entertaining stuff.

Perhaps, on review, I would suggest we drop back to the previously stated position: that the only threads prohibited are those complaining about red rep points, because of the potential for negative and argumentative flamewar threads disrupting the boards and the club. Those issues should really be conducted person to person by PM or dealt with by the mods.
08-09-2007, 07:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2007, 07:39 AM by Colonel Talvela.)
Well I dont know about you, but now that we have had this talk, I sure want a ... "hug" or a "pretzel" ;) ;)
08-09-2007, 07:39 AM,
Colonel Talvela Wrote:Well I dont know about you, but now that we have had this talk, I sure want a ... "hug" ;) ;)

I keep trying to give you a ... "hug". But I'm only allowed 3 per day, so...
08-09-2007, 07:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2007, 11:59 AM by The Coil.)
McIvan Wrote:Part of the clickie overload, I now perceive, was only a reaction to not understanding the new system and how it affected existing scores, so that will die out naturally. The normal clickie banter that goes on is often very entertaining stuff.

I actually think the new system will sort of self-moderate the clicky talk, seeing as you can only get one clicky per person. So consider a hypothetical person, let's call him "{Splirr} Spleto" - it would now no longer serve his purposes to continually beg for clickies from me as he has in the past, as I can only give him one. Should cut down on the clicky beggin, I'd think...
08-09-2007, 08:24 AM,
Sounds like we have a general consensus to allow clickie posts but with enforcement of not allowing red rep point complaining threads that could disrupt the harmonious atmosphere of our Utopian sanctuary and lead us astray.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
08-09-2007, 08:29 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:......the harmonious atmosphere of our Utopian sanctuary......
LOL Big Grin

But yeah, something like that. Mind you the thread hasn't been up that long and there are no doubt other timezones still to log on and have their say.
08-09-2007, 11:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2007, 11:59 AM by The Coil.)
Did we get an official ruling on public whining about blue clickies?
08-09-2007, 12:17 PM,
No. Did you want one?
08-09-2007, 12:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2007, 12:34 PM by Walkure.)
OK guys i missed something, but if i'm getting the jist of this thread. I think a little perpective is in order. To you married guys that have kids. look at them are they healthy.....that's important. to you guys that are not married. are your parents healthy that's important. So if clickies are lost coming back or being sold in the black market We really shouldn't give a rats behind. Hugh your kids, hugh your parents before their time is up here on earth. If this doesn't help to keep it in perpective then take up drinking until you really don't care about them.

Walkurecheers

BTW sorry about the double post, but i didn't know how to move it here other then the double entry.
08-09-2007, 02:08 PM,
My 24 hours is up. Have a hugh, CT.

Ahhhh, perspective back to normal.