• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Competition & Teaser Thread
02-19-2014, 12:40 AM,
RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread
(02-19-2014, 12:07 AM)Xaver Wrote: Do your refer to this guide???

"kicked from PzC to PzB dummies version" Big Grin2

[Image: crash-test-dummies-o.gif]

Well, i am curious about the victory point icon... if you change the depots i suspect you do the same with them... or not???

Come on Tide, if the competition winner has split personalities them recive 1 game per personality??? Rolling Eyes

Good point on the number of games Big Grin

[Image: efe8f168afvp.jpg]
Same vp icon though
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:46 AM,
Looks very nice David.

Reading:

Any suggestions on some reading now that people know what is going on in terms of the locations. Would prefer something lighter as I am not a military grog. The library has "The Battle of the Tanks" by Clark and "Armor and Blood" by Showalter. Would they have anything about it?

Thanks,

Gerry
02-19-2014, 01:17 AM,
(02-19-2014, 12:46 AM)GerryM Wrote: Looks very nice David.

Reading:

Any suggestions on some reading now that people know what is going on in terms of the locations. Would prefer something lighter as I am not a military grog. The library has "The Battle of the Tanks" by Clark and "Armor and Blood" by Showalter. Would they have anything about it?

Thanks,

Gerry

Armor & Blood - its a very good primer. Enough detail to see where some of the scenarios you're going to play come from.

David
02-19-2014, 01:24 AM,
Thanks a lot for the pic Tide, SQB is an interesting option to show objetives... maybe the bigger hexes made this necesary... a little question, is exactly the same as in SQB??? i refer if unlike PzC the victory simbol is only 1 that re-scale in diferent zoom levels (you know PzC have diferent victory icons per scale) because i am collecting material to my frankenmods hehehe.
02-19-2014, 01:26 AM,
(02-19-2014, 12:40 AM)Tide1 Wrote: [Image: efe8f168afvp.jpg]
Same vp icon though

Maybe not - I have been doing some experimenting.

Possible new Guards VP hex. Definitely WIP

[Image: f35ea50260PB%20Graphics%2090.png]

David
02-19-2014, 01:32 AM,
Looks better... but a little suggestion, why not made the numbers in black for germans and white for soviets??? and maybe use bright colours for background in soviets... and diferent colours in borders...

For example guards counter has golden border, bright red in background and white numbers... SS white border, black background and yellow numbers...

Is a question of tastes and in the ned have easy to see and understand icons.

Good luck in the "counters fashion week" Big Laugh
02-19-2014, 01:50 AM,
(02-19-2014, 12:07 AM)Xaver Wrote: Do your refer to this guide???

"kicked from PzC to PzB dummies version" Big Grin2

Xaver, I'm not sure how you got a video copy of my 1st commercial that I starred in, however, they told me that they had destroyed all of the copies that showed the mishaps! Batman Confused Wink
02-19-2014, 03:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2014, 03:30 AM by Strela.)
Still trying things.

We can not change the text, that is essentially hard coded so it's always black.

Here is a trial using a medal (Hero of the Soviet Union) as a background.

The top line is the new 'vanilla' Victory Point locations.

The second & third shots are using the new format in game. Colours may need to be tweaked, but you get the idea.

[Image: af31541417PB%20Graphics%2091.png]

And at 2x size

[Image: e5ba2262afPB%20Graphics%2092.png]

The Germans are proving harder as many of their medals are black and that obscures the VP total. More to come!

David
02-19-2014, 03:30 AM,
That's not bad at all Helmet Wink
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
02-19-2014, 04:14 AM,
(02-19-2014, 03:24 AM)Strela Wrote: The Germans are proving harder as many of their medals are black and that obscures the VP total.
David

I am no graphics expert, as there are several Blitz members who are in my book however, have you tried using a WWII German Cross?

[Image: 16dcf74482german%20cross%202.png]

Changing the black cross to a greyish color I would think would allow the black colored victory point numbers to be visible.

Just an idea Smile