• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Competition & Teaser Thread
02-19-2014, 05:27 AM,
RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread
Having been involved on the SB end of things the last decade, one of the things that players, playtesters as well as nearly all game reviewers have torched JT for was the rudimentary graphics. It looks as if they've taken these criticisms seriously and have done a really nice job of updating the over-all graphics look of the game. Good to see.
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 06:09 AM,
As far as the victory icons, whatever is decided on, might be easier to just have one standard for each country. So na matter if SS or regular Wehrmacht capture it, it would look the same. Cuts out the extra work of multiple icons.
02-19-2014, 07:04 AM,
Why not just a basic flag like this?

[Image: Victory_zps230bd705.jpg]
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
02-19-2014, 11:12 AM,
Hello David:

Wondering what will be named on the maps. For example, are villages named? Looks at maps of PzC games it seemed in the recent ones there were more place names than in the older games.

Thanks,

Gerry

(02-18-2014, 04:04 PM)Strela Wrote: Gerry,

It's not as daunting as it looks. Here is #0708_02 Franz's scenario (no fog of war). Its a SS Battalion vs a Soviet Tank Brigade. You can see the unit density is pretty reasonable...!

[Image: acec088e51PB%20Graphics%2089.png]

David
02-19-2014, 11:45 AM,
(02-19-2014, 07:04 AM)Richie61 Wrote: Why not just a basic flag like this?

[Image: Victory_zps230bd705.jpg]

Wow Ed!

Were did you get that game? I'd buy that in a minute with those graphics!
:-)

Two questions though. Does it have a full set of editors? That work as advertised?
Send this user an email
02-19-2014, 11:53 AM,
Gerry Wrotte

Quote:Wondering what will be named on the maps. For example, are villages named? Looks at maps of PzC games it seemed in the recent ones there were more place names than in the older games.

Here is that scenario map with the names turned on. The map has been worked over with much detail added and almost all the places named. You will find all the major hills in the battle area named.

[Image: d4cd5b4617Scenario%20with%20names.bmp]

Michael
02-19-2014, 11:58 AM,
Very nice Michael. Really adds to the historical immersion.

Thought on the VP markers. They block the counters. Wondering if a red-colored hexside would work so you could see the top unit. So you are removing the counter clutter. Players could see the points total on the LHS of the screen or maybe the actual VP counter could auto go to the bottom of any stack? But one could see quickly from teh hexside color it was a VP location.

Take care,

Gerry
02-19-2014, 11:59 AM,
(02-19-2014, 11:45 AM)keif149 Wrote: Wow Ed!

Were did you get that game? I'd buy that in a minute with those graphics!
:-)

Two questions though. Does it have a full set of editors? That work as advertised?

It was the best game JT/ HPS ever made IMHO Big Grin

Sadly, I think it's not supported or updated much anymore? Twilight Zone
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
02-19-2014, 12:42 PM,
Gerry wrote
Quote:Thought on the VP markers. They block the counters. Wondering if a red-colored hexside would work so you could see the top unit. So you are removing the counter clutter. Players could see the points total on the LHS of the screen or maybe the actual VP counter could auto go to the bottom of any stack? But one could see quickly from teh hexside color it was a VP location.

The VP markers can be turned on or off with a button along the top menu. I had them on for the snapshot.

Michael
02-19-2014, 01:50 PM,
I know in the Tiller you can turn off the VP markers. Cannot remember if there is a shortcut or not in PzC. It's something I think one would be doing fairly often.

I know it is too late to change anything now. But I think for future releases there are many possibilities to modernize the interface. I think it would be a big plus for the game. Ye guys obviously have the history part down (maps, OOBs, etc.)! I just don't think the interface should stay as it has been for 15(?) years - even longer as the Napoleonic games had a similar interface? Many systems today try and use something other than a menu system. Also moving the map shouldn't be restricted to old ways. Why not change it in future releases to being able to drag the map in any direction with the mouse?

If the only people playing PB will be PzC players, then maybe it doesn't matter. But I think a more modern interface, along with the history in the game, could attract many players.

Gerry